Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
From Paul Kirchgraber, MD, CEO, Covance
In the fight against COVID-19, we believe that patients can’t wait, and neither can we. We’re here to partner with you to accelerate much needed treatment options across the world. We can offer a unique combination of solutions that blend Covance and LabCorp’s drug development and diagnostic capabilities. To best support your path ahead in this rapidly evolving environment, here’s how we can work together to help you achieve your goals and ultimately meet patients’ urgent needs:
- Together, we can deliver unprecedented acceleration:每天都计入新的Covid-19测定，疫苗或治疗方法。加速您的开发和达到患者更快地需要一个高度协调的团队。我们动员了专门的Covid-19回复团队，帮助您联系到合适的人员和监管机构，以加快您的发展。
- 我们可以共同创造一个高度合作的合作伙伴关系：As an example, aunique partnership approach has already proven successfulwith Ridgeback Biotherapeutics testing an antiviral drug. Our COVID-19 Response Teams mapped out this client’s clinical development program, connected with regulatory authorities, aligned the drug supply and recruited volunteers for the First-in-Human study –in just 14 business days。这种速度和合作水平非常令人惊叹，需要在不懈追求突破中。
- Together, we can seamlessly integrate cross-functional expertise for your end-to-end development:Each handoff point in your process can add risk and impact your timeline. We’re here to provide rapid transition between phases, from discovery and preclinical to development and commercialization. Whether you need support with molecule screening, formulation, assay development, patient recruitment or management of clinical trials, you can extend your team’s scientific and medical expertise and generate new insights to make more informed decisions. No other organization can offer this breadth of coordinated services or match the global reach of Covance and LabCorp.
- Together, we can reach patients directly and enable focused recruiting with proprietary LabCorp patient data:灵活性，亮度和无与伦比的患者访问对于Covid-19测试和药物开发至关重要。我们专有的Labcorp数据可以帮助您预测下一个热点，在近实时细化您的招聘策略，并提供对当前Covid-19测试模式和患者集群的增强的可视性。您还可以提高患者直接，我们的独特同意数据库，符合特定包含/排除标准的独特患者，从Labcorp测试中获取大约20％的人，这些患者直接提高了患者的招聘职能the U.S. In addition to faster recruitment, LabCorp and Ciox Health Real World Data division are working closely on基于全面的美国Covid-19患者数据注册表。The registry will store curated, HIPAA-compliant de-identified data sets and can be used to gain rapid insights from real-world data to enhance epidemiological and clinical research and ultimately improve outcomes for COVID-19 patients.
- Together, we can apply patient-centric practices to enhance safety in a challenging trial setting:Working in an intensive care unit (ICU) is inherently difficult due to the complexities of patients’ conditions and the need to ensure the safety of both patient and healthcare providers. You can apply our past experience running challenging pneumonia studies with intubated patients and designing protocols that are optimized for patient recruitment and retention. Outside of the ICU, we can also help you employ decentralized trial solutions, such as eConsent, ePRO, eCOA and telemedicine technology, that together with our U.S.-based patient services centers and global home health services, can reduce the frequency of on-site visits and gather valuable patient data to inform decision making.
Covance和Labcorp可以提供的合并，全面支持从未如此重要。跨越发现要诊断到交付，我们正处于使您的速度增加到市场。我们都在一起 - 我们正在争取这种大流行对患者产生差异。患者等不及了。我们也不能。
From Paul Kirchgraber, MD, CEO, Covance
These are challenging times in every country around the world. We recognize that our clients and partners are working across the globe adapting to new information and new realities. Speaking on behalf of my leadership team, I am proud of how Covance – and our parent company, LabCorp – have stepped up to respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. I wanted to take a moment to let you know how we are working to address several key areas:
Protecting the health of employees, clients, patients and animals:我们最大的担心是我们的员工的安全,patients, customers and animals. We continue to follow U.S. CDC, WHO and local government guidelines and have implemented remote working wherever practical, while maintaining essential employees on site as needed. To protect those employees, we have introduced enhanced health and safety procedures across our sites.
Ensuring the continuity of our ongoing studies and programs:除非受当地任务限制，否则所有Covance网站仍然是运作的。我们已经实施了严格，详细的所有服务线路的经营连续性计划，并继续有效地管理供应链。我们继续在可能的情况下启动新的研究，并密切监测Covid-19对时机和可交付成果的影响。
With regard to our Clinical Pharmacology group, we have made the difficult decision to delay entry of new study cohorts into the units for approximately 8 weeks. Our clinics remain open and operational, continuing to work on studies that are in progress. An important exception to this action is our commitment to support new studies intended to treat or prevent COVID-19 with healthy volunteers.
扩大Covid-19测试的可用性：Labcorp.is working closely with the White House Coronavirus Task Force, the U.S. CDC, industry partners and other leading health authorities to expand COVID-19 testing in the United States. Since launching our first test in early March, we are now able to perform more than 20,000 tests per day and expect capacity to continue to grow. Our LabCorp Diagnostics colleagues are working continuously to validate and launch additional test options. In our Covance central laboratory, we are validating several different assays for COVID-19 testing – the timing for these assays will depend on availability of key components.
Developing vaccines and therapies through the power of our combined capabilities:We have deep experience in antiviral drugs and vaccines and are working with our biopharmaceutical clients to develop both prevention and treatment solutions. We have also established a Covance COVID-19 “Tiger Team,” an innovative, cross-functional team to help get potential new treatments for COVID-19 into clinical trials more quickly and efficiently. This team will serve as a gateway to all the services and offerings Covance provides. You may have also seen the最近announcementof our work in conjunction with Microsoft and Adaptive Biotechnologies in a virtual clinical trial to identify immune responses to COVID-19.
In challenging times like these, we stand together to combat an invisible enemy – and Covance and LabCorp are proud to stand with you. We remain committed to delivering across all of our service lines and across the globe. Our mission has always been simple – to improve health and improve lives. We will continue to support you, our clients, as we work toward this mission.
March 13, 2020
景and its parent company LabCorp have been monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic since the beginning of this year and is updating business continuity plans daily. We are keeping abreast of updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other national and global health organizations. We have taken a global leadership role in addressing the spread of COVID-19, including our recent launch of the LabCorp Diagnostics COVID-19 testing kits in the United States.
We prioritize the health and well-being of our employees and their families, of the patients and customers we serve and of the communities in which we live and work. We recognize that the situation is evolving and have already taken several proactive steps to mitigate risk while maintaining business continuity, including:
- Providing flexible work arrangements where appropriate that maximize work execution
- Collaborating with sites to provide access to adequate clinical care either on or off-site
- Contingencies planned for medication availability (IMP and non-IMP)
We are currently assessing the potential impact of COVID-19 on timelines and deliverables which may vary across our service offerings and regions. We also continue to initiate new studies from Early Development through Phase IV and our Central Labs are fully operational.